Tuesday, June 15, 2010

RISE and SHINE and Give GOD the Glory

Today is my first day back at work. So that means I was up and out of the house at 6:15am. My regular work time is 7a and it takes me about 20 min to get to work. So I was a little early today which is good so that I can start fresh.
Today's Outfit
dress - Macys
shoes - RackRoom
earrings - SugarLand Boutique
black floral bracelet - Andie's giveaway
.
.
I am a little dressed up for my first day back to work, because after work, I have a dinner to attend with my mom. This will be the ceremonial dinner for The Campaign on Love and Forgiveness. (my mother has a quote on their website, Rev. Bernette Jones) I went to this dinner last year and I thoroughly enjoyed it (mom was the keynote speaker last year). And this year, I thoroughly NEED it. Just being in the room with the vast variety of loving people is an inspiration for my soul. And a sistah could really use that right now.
.
.
So what is this campaign?? Well you can read about it here and here. But basically, its a movement to get people talking about love and forgiveness and bring these concepts into their daily lives. During the last 4 years, there have been various community events and workshops. In addition Maryland Public Television (and several otherpublic stations) has shown several programs about love and forgiveness. And in the end, the goal is to create a community of love and forgiveness!
from the website:
What can I do? How can I bring more love & forgiveness into my world?
Join our Campaign mailing list to learn about upcoming events and activities: outreach@mpt.org.
There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved." – George Sand
Write a letter to a loved one. Letter writing tips (requires Adobe Reader)
Hug a family member.
Say "thank you" with meaning.
Help a neighbor in need.
Donate your time to a cause you believe in.
Be present. The one thing you have for sure is this moment.
Find one thing to be thankful for when you wake up.
Find one thing to be thankful for before you go to sleep.
Reflect on the many ways that loving actions have changed your life.
.
.
YESTERDAY - Monday

Ofcourse I had more errands to run. I did go to the hair dresser. Then I had to meet a social worker for my grandfather (just to get some paper work completed). Then we went over and talked to the owner/manager of the Assited Living Facility where grandpa will be staying. He has a move in date of next week and he is ready to go. I think this move will be good for him. He is getting to an age where he doesnt want to be a burden on the family, so when the fire happened at their home, he asked to be moved to an Assisted Living Facility where he would be able to live comfortably without any worries or cares at all. So I have been working hard these last few weeks to make this work for him.
.
Errand Outfit
dress - OldNavy
shoes - Payless
Accessories - Avenue and OldNavy

4 comments:

Nefertiti said...

je suis fan de la robe de la tenue un ;O)

Renée T. Habashy said...

That dress for the dinner/event/work is spectacular. It's very slimming and the silhouette is so flattering on you! I love it. :)

Beth said...

You are like the best family member ever. I want to adopt you. If I adopt you I get to borrow your jewelry right?

BBM said...

what an amazing event kameel! and amazing outfits to go with! hold tight to that maxi cuz im about to steal it too. love the post title hun. and wanted to share u this verse ... thought of u when i was reading it:

ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy grate power and stretched out arm, and THERE IS NOTHING TOO HARD FOR THEE. jer. 32:17

keep on keepin on love! xoxo!