Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Change Everything - Love and Forgive

I am that I am!
"Healing comes when I let LOVE change me"
(haha)
Today's Outfit
floral skirt - Macys
black tshirt - OldNavy
ruffle sandals - FashionBug
turquoise cardi - LaneBryant
necklace and bracelet - some vacation I was on,....Mexico, maybe??
.
LAST NIGHT
Last night was so awesome! There was a "healing activitiy", each of the groups talked about their activities, then a Keynote speaker and lastly, there were the Love&Forgiveness Drummers. Just a really "loving" event.
.
The Healing activity was helpful for me. Each table had a phrase and we all said it together. After we said it, we all had candles to light. So the room was just filled with candle light by the end of the activity. It symbolized a strong pressence and power and true solidarity on a common cause.
"Where there is brokenness, may Love & Forgiveness move us toward healing."
.
The Keynote Speaker was Maria Broom. She used to be a news achor here in Baltimore. Now she is a world renowned actress and dancer, and ofcourse "love advocate". She has worked in the Baltimore City Public Schools with several different hats, but all the time she has been an advocate of love. Her speech was really good and very inspiring to want to promote "love." She had us all laughing because she said that she was talking to several 'big wigs' in the school system and they all were trying to figure out what we can do to promote diversity, she suggested we "love' the students. The 'big wigs' told her that you cant "fund love".. because "love" is not measurable and quantifiable. But with this project, The Love and Forgiveness Campaign, someone was able to "fund love". It was a great speech.
.
One of the highlights of the evening was the Love & Forgiveness Drummers. Teenagers, all who have been working on Love&Forgiveness for the past four years. They were so good. They each spoke about their experience in the process and you could tell there were some serious breakthroughs in the group. The drumming was like the icing on the cake. They had the title of this post on their tshirts - Change Everything - Love and Forgive.
.
I had a great evening. I decided that I will have a group session about Love & Forgiveness. We got some flashcards at the event to use as discussion topics, so I think that will get the group going.

7 comments:

I BLEED PINK said...

I love the print on that skirt!

Nefertiti said...

j aime bcp surtout avec le gilet turquoise,jolie tenue ;O)

BBM said...

glad u had a night of love and healing. u look great today girl! im lovin all ure post outfits! xoxo!

Unknown said...

Love the skirt... you look super cute...
The event sounds cool... when you hear about these cool events you have to start letting me know. I swear I live in a vacuum

Dacia said...

I love the bright colors on you!

Cynthia said...

OK I need to come shopping at your Macy's. I never find the cute things that you do.

Anonymous said...

Love jacking off to these pictures