Wednesday, March 30, 2011

.. and there is more ... Weekend Recap!

so I told you about the great weekend that I had... It was absolutely AWESOME!!!!
I spent the afternoon and evening with some of my closest family and friends. In celebration of my birthday and the 9th Anniversary of the Book club, we went to the Joseph Meyerhoff to see Sweet Honey in the Rock!
This internationally renowned a cappella ensemble creates music out of the rich textures of African American legacy and traditions. Blues, spirituals, gospel hymns, rap, reggae, African chants, hip hop, ancient lullabies, and jazz improvisation—Sweet Honey’s soulful harmonies and intricate rhythms inspire and entertain.
Oh how I wish I could add some youtubes of this awesome group. (I added, see below) They are such a soulful and awe-inspiring group that its amazing to watch .. and listen to.  I had a blast. 
Before the show, most of us gathered for dinner at The Owl Bar which is a resturaunt in the Belvedre Hotel.
cardi-Nordstrom; skirt-Avenue; shoes-CSN shoe giveaway
 All the moms gathered together.
 My mommy, Cousin Kim, and Cousin Kellie
 My BFFs
 Mom's and Aunt Ev of my BFFs
 Some of the BookClub members
 Jamaica and I
 Mommy and Me
I was happy to be surrounded with so many loving people who truly care about me.
I was truly blessed.

1 comment:

EvaNadine said...

that skirt is awesome!
i seriously considered buying it on several occasions. now i wish i had!