Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's your content??

I had a chat with a friend yesterday about blogging.  She wants to start a blog about celebrity gossip and she was asking me some questions about content.  My initial response to her was " ... focus, Your blog needs to be in a category or a style or a format, for example - fashion, lifestyle, gossip, diary."

BUT then, last night I was reading a few blogs, that I would categorize as "diary style/format" and it hit me. Your blog is YOUR BLOG. You can write about as much or as little as you like. But if you want the traffic and the followers you need one good quality of a blog - genuine! Thats it. Be true to you in your blog. Self aware and sincerity are the best formula. There is no need to copy what someone else is doing.  Even with the celebrity gossip blogs, what makes them fun and interesting is the commentary.. because the content is all the same on the different sites. But the commentary is what wins over the crowds.

dress shirt-lane Bryant; brown cords-OldNavy; grey cardi-Ashley Stewart