Friday, November 12, 2010

Second Anniversary was Lovely (Pics Heavy)

Hubby and I are just getting back from our anniversary vacay. I hope you had a chance to check out the post I made about our wedding day. It was a lovely day.

For our anniversary this year, we decided on Tampa, Florida.. well actually we stayed in St Petersburg, FL on the beach (St Pete Beach).  I was not that excited about the actual hotel, so I wont even go into all of that BUT I loved being on the beach and that was the reason that I selected the hotel. Here are a few details of our trip.. or you can just look at the pretty pictures, lol!
FRIDAY: We left at noon on Friday.  I picked up Hubby from work and we grabbed a bite to eat before we were off to the airport. 
boyfriend cardi-Old Navy; denim skinnies-JC Penney; tshirt-Old Navy; shoes-Macys
SATURDAY: The weather was not very cooperative on this vacation. Actually it was very cold. unseasonably.  So what I thought was gonna be a week filled with sun and beach bumming was not really the case. But that doesnt stop us.. We decided to take a trip to downtown St. Petersburg to see what we could get into.
top-JC Penney; crop cargo-Avenue; shoes-Macys; necklace-?
 Hubby was looking good.
tshirt-local store ('Black is Beautiful" - City of Gods); khaki-Casual Male; shoes-Prada
 We took the Downtown Trolley to see a few different sights. We stopped at The Pier just to watch the view.
 For dinner we went to the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City. Oh what an awesome place this is. Very authentic. Almost like time stood still. If ever in the Tampa area.. you gotta visit this restaurant.
SUNDAY:(Happy Anniversary) It was still chilly, so we couldnt get to the beach. We decided to go back downtown and visit a few of the restaurants and museums that we missed the day before. Im an early bird by nature, so it was early when we left the hotel to head downtown. But I called ahead to make sure that the museums were open.
top-Avenue; camo skinnies-Dots; necklace-NY&Co; bracelets-Cancun,Mexico; earrings-Mom's church giveaway; shoes-Marshal's
 We ate a cute restaurant on Beach Drive - Parkshore Grill. It was around brunch time, but their menu had a great selection. And we even got a set of movie tickets with our meal. Nice compliment
shirt-Polo; jeans; Prada shoes
Me and the Banyan Tree
Purse-new classic MCM (Speedy 30) - Anniversary gift from Hubby
We decided to view the Chihuly Exhibit at the Morean Arts Center.


After viewing the exhibit, we stopped for gelato. mm mm mmm, tasty!
By the time we left downtown and made it back to St Pete Beach, the weather was getting warmer.  
So I had to finally see the ocean. (actually the Gulf)
  Our  dinner date was at the hotel across the street. They had a nice rooftop restaurant that offered views of the beach and the city. It was a spinning restaurant and the food was pretty good.
SUNDAY NIGHT

My dress is from Rainbow Plus. Hubby's shirt is from K&G Men's Store.
MONDAY: The weather started to warm a bit and I was excited! We decided that we would go on an adventure and visit some of the other beaches along the Florida Gulf coast. The goal was to reach one of the northern most beaches- Clearwater Beach.
top-Ashley Stewart; denim skinnies-JC Penney; shoes-Macys; floral bib necklace-Avon; sunglasses-Nordstrom
 I had seen a commercial for this bead store. Yea, beading is another of my many crafts. So Hubby let me stop in this store to buy a few nice beads. I cant wait to make my bracelet. I have just the style in mind. I actually got the idea from a bracelet that my mother has.
We passed several beaches as we traveled north on Gulf Blvd. By the time we arrived in Clearwater.. the weather was beautiful!

 We stopped at the public beach because I had to see what the sand was like... and I was not disappointed.
We stopped at a CVS and Hubby bought a pair of Doggers (very similar to Crocs). He was excited to have a nice pair of beach shoes. And the sales clerk assured him that Doggers were all the rage at the beach. 
I just laughed.




The sand was amaaaaaazing!
 when we got back from Clearwater... I ran out to the pool.

 Yall already know the bathing suit - Old Navy. But check out the cute cabanas.
 Hubby is not big on 'chillin in the sun by the pool'. But he stayed for a little while and we ordered an afternoon snack. Oh, and he sported his Doggers, lol!

TUESDAY: Hubby finally had his dream breakfast ... Waffle House. He loves the place.
 top-Avenue; crop cargo pants-Avenue; bracelet-NY&Co; shoes-Marshal's; necklace-?
 I dragged Hubby to the Premium Outlets in Ellenton. It was a nice time and a nice drive across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. As an engineer, that was an excellent sight. I really enjoyed the marvel of engineering.
Polo shirt; black denim jeans; Prada shoes
When we got back from shopping.. I went back to the pool while Hubby took a nap.
TUESDAY NIGHT
For our last night in Florida, we went to a cute contemporary restaurant in downtown St Petersburg called Z Grill. It was a really nice experience. And a great way to end a great vacation.
WIFE:dress-Rainbow Plus; black pashmina-stand in the mall; crown necklace-gift from Hubby; bracelet-Mexico  HUSBAND:shirt-Downtown LockerRoom (LRG); dark wash jeans-Old Navy; shoes-Prada
 WEDNESDAY: Yup, sadly it was time to head back home. Back to reality.
top-Old Navy; grey jeans-Ashley Stewart; shoes-Marshal's; bracelet-Cancun,Mexico; crown necklace-gift from Hubby

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats on the anniversary! It looks like you had a great time, I am so envious. ; ) All of your outfits were fabulous as always!

Loving the Reflection

Renée T. Habashy said...

Looks like you had a great time! Congrats on your anniversary! :)

Maria said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Great oufits, btw! Also, thanks for sharing your wedding pictures, they're beautfiul!

Nefertiti said...

ca sent le bonheur tout ca et tu etais magnifique chaque jour de la semaine en plus !

bon w end ;O)

L said...

OMG I'm from Tampa! I'm glad you had an amazing Anniversary! You both look so happy, I wish you & your husband many more years of happiness! I really love your maxi dresses :)


<3

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had fun and you looked great. I have to go to JCP and get that striped top right now. I saw it in the store and now you have inspired me to get it.