Friday, November 12, 2010

Sigma Style - Happy Founder's Day

I spent the day running errands, but I wanted to send a message to all of the lovely ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. 

Today is the founding date of my sorority. On November 12, 1922, seven young school teachers at Butler University in Indianapolis,Indiana joined together to create this illustrious organization. 
Alpha Chapter circa 1924
I joined this wonderful sorority on May 2, 1997 at the Beta Delta Chapter at Temple University.  That day was great for me because at that moment, I united with 85,000 (and counting) other women, including my mother and three aunts who are all sorors, in the world who stand for the same cause and purpose.
"Greater Service, Greater Progress" Since that time I have been apart of several inductions including my little cousin Kim. That day I was able to see the legacy of this sorority continue in our family. I passed the torch and she carries it brightly to this day!
rhoyal blue tank and yellow sweater-Lane Bryant; jeans-Ashley Stewart; clogs-Outlet Mall

No comments: