Thursday, March 11, 2010

Vest Duo

Today's look is yet another vest. I had bought two when we went shopping for Valentine'sDay weekend. I think its pretty cute. The vest actually is grey with think pinstripes (next time, you'll get a closer look). And these jeans are from Avenue. But I really really think I bought a size to small. Although they look fine, they are a little tight..and waay to short for my liking (and I am a shortie at only 5'-3"). I definitely want another pair, but these might make it to the giveaway bag... aawwwlll, they are the perfect color. Ok, maybe I will keep them for now, and just wear them with flats. Speaking of flats, I really need to invest in a good pair of comfortable flats. But my problem with flats is that I have to make stipulations.. they cant be too flat (i need a small heel or my legs will really hurt by the end of the day), and they need to be comfortable, and not to tight on my feet (my little feet are a little wide, no arch), and not gap on the sides (which happens sometimes when you have flat feet, aaauugh!) ... see to many stipulations, rules and regulations for flats.. But here I am with a few differnt pair and I love none of them.. so today, I wore clogs, which was DEFINITELY the wrong choice, since the daggone pants are to short, I look like I am wearing "high water" pants, lol. So I wore fun socks..can you see them? Oh, and when I got to work,I changed how the pearls were worn, If I had a camera, I would add another pic, but my battery died last night.. so Hubby was using theSLR camera to take these pics.. but he was taking them with the remote.. he said he likes being able to sit back and just click the button, there is no pressure for him to have to get it right. I just set up the tripod and he can click away, lol


Anywho, this was a serious ramble.. Thanks to Yammering Muse, I dont feel to bad about it, lol! **wink wink**



Today's Outfit
Pink shirt - LaneBryant
Jeans - Avenue
Grey Vest - LaneBryant Outlet

More meeee! I liked the pics, so I added them, lol!

10 comments:

misss_e said...

I LOVE the outfit. The shoes...not so much. A flat wouldve been great...with the short pants. I'm really feeling that vest...overall...you look cute!

Maria said...

I love the pink contrast with the darker hues on your jeans and vest. You look great! If you're looking for comfortable flats you should look into Sofft and Born shoes, they're generally awesome.

calgal said...

wow to your vest..love your long pearl neckline...

Ashley said...

Ramblers unite! That shade of pink looks stunning on you!

Unknown said...

Okay... that is it. I really need you to stop sneaking into my brain as I sleep. I just bought a vest. It hasn't arrived and I have been planning outfits in my head all week. And what do I see today? One of my ideas. I was going to do a color pop (as my vest is pinstripe) and crop pants with open toe shoes... seriously...

Well... great minds think alike :)

BBM said...

what do u mean the vest is too short? it looks great my dear! and i agree, i think flats will give this outfit a lil extra sumthin' sumthin' ... check out these flats:

http://www.zappos.com/dr-scholls-graduate-camel-gold-foil-snake-print

http://www.zappos.com/dr-scholls-habit-black-pulled-pu

theyre from dr. scholls so they have to be comfy!

xoxo!

Sabrina said...

Love the pink color on you!!

Nina said...

I love your vest! I find that vests just update any outfit!

Wonderful blog! Love the music too!

FashionAddict said...

Great vest! Love the pink on you, too.

Unknown said...

Avenue's jeans can be a bit short. I'm 5'3" also and I usually buy their tall.